The Benefits of Tea
Photo By: Erin Nelson
The popularity of tea has been growing in the past decade and it may be associated with the benefits tea has to offer. Even though almost all teas come from the same plant (camellia sinensis), they have different benefits and it is due to the way they are processed. For example, a tea leaf can be processed to be either green tea or black tea. Each being different teas with different benefits. However, today we will be focusing on the overall benefits tea has to offer, whether it is green tea or herbal tea. Therefore, without further ado, here is a list of the benefits tea has to offer:
- Tea Contains Antioxidants
- The antioxidants found in almost all teas help protect cells. Healthy cells can lead to healthier life.
- Tea Reduces The Risk of Heart Attack
- Studies have shown that Green Tea might also help protect against cardiovascular diseases.
- Tea Has Less Caffeine
- Tea has almost 50% less caffeine than coffee does.
- Tea is good for your bones
- Green Tea has shown through lab test that it may prevent bone loss.
- Tea boosts your immune system
- Some teas and herbal teas have shown through studies that tea can tune up immune cells so they reach their targets quicker.
- Herbal Teas Are Natures Medicine
- Majority of all herbal teas are known to serve a purpose. For example, two of the many benefits of our tea are to reduce stress and ease anxiety.
- Tea Lowers Cholesterol
- Research has shown that green tea lowers cholesterol by inhibiting the absorption of cholesterol from the large intestine.
- Tea Helps With Stress